Our easy step-by-step guide to setting your prices on your images within your hub account. Be in control of how much profit you can make.
Here is a quick walkthrough:
1. Check all your images are uploaded by clicking on the “images” tab in the header.
2. Each image you have uploaded appears with a little blue hamburger button in the bottom right-hand corner. By clicking on this button, a menu appears. Click on “print pricing”.
3. The following screen appears:
- Select print type and paper first and choose between inches and mm.
- To add optional borders click on “add” if you wish to add it to your print. For more help on adding borders, see the help section: selling art online > how to add borders to my print.
- Now set the price you wish to sell the print at. This will be the inclusive VAT price total that your customers will see.
- The retail price, print cost and handling fee (set at 10%) as well as the net profit is calculated for you. You will be unable to save this print if net profit is negative, so ensure that “retail price including VAT” is the amount you wish to sell at.
- Tick the “available?” box to make the print available for sale.
- If you wish to sell this print size as a limited edition – ensure you tick this box. We provide the limited edition information on the checkout process and supply certificates to all purchasers of your edition showing the edition number and total in edition. For more help on limited editions, see the help section: selling art online > how to set up and sell limited editions.
- Current # sold shows the number that you have currently sold in this edition. When you sell a print in your edition through the hub this number will increase automatically.
- You can also sell prints outside of the hub and track the edition numbers and download a certificate here. Click on the icon to increase the number of prints sold in the edition where a print is sold outside of the hub. You will be able to print off a certificate for each edition sold in this way, to give to your customer.
- Click on the icon again to decrease the number of prints sold in the edition where a print sold outside the hub has been returned to you with the certificate to be destroyed. We will automatically decrease the number sold if we get statutory returns of prints sold via the hub.
- # in edition is where you set the total number of prints that are available in your edition. Once the first print has been sold you cannot amend this as it has been sold to the customer on the basis of there being a particular limited number available, so please choose carefully!
- If you wish to see what the certificates look like click on “preview certificate” and amend details or upload a digitised version of your signature (recommended) then click on “print sales” > “settings” > “artist name, signature and logo”.
- And finally, click on the “save” button.
Another feature of thehub is the ability to set the same pricing features to multiple images:
- Select all the images that you want to set pricing to and click on “print pricing”:
- Set your print pricing for one image, as above, then, when clicking on “save for identically shaped images”, thehub will automatically assign the same print price settings for all those images. You also choose the option to “save for this image only”.
If you would like to speak to one of our team members about setting print prices to your images, please call us today or come into our Shoreditch office.